Strangers

I have a book called, The Valley Of Vision. This is a book of Puritan prayers and devotions. I picked it up to read this morning and the one I turned to is called "The Saviour." Towards the end it goes,

"May I feel that I am a stranger and pilgrim on the earth,
Declaring plainly that I seek a country,
My title to it becoming daily more clear,
My meetness for it more perfect,
My foretaste of it more abundant."

These few lines are incredibly rich with deep revelation of scripture. Hebrews tells us that we really are pilgrims searching for a city who's builder and maker is God. The reality is that we will never be fully satisfied in this age, but only partially. Our actual inheritance and glory is in the age to come where we will dwell in fullness with God on the earth in the New Jerusalem.

As we are here on earth we begin to get little pieces of it where the Lord will touch us, but in reality this is just a foretaste of the coming kingdom when we will live in communion with God. In Mark 14:25 Jesus says, "truly I say to you, you will not drink of the fruit of the vine again until you drink it new in the kingdom." Jesus is telling us that our ultimate fulfillment will be in the Coming Kingdom, but even now there are tastes of this wine and kingdom which is evidence of heaven touching earth.

I would encourage you to watch this video of one of the songs that has come out of the IHOPU Student Awakening. This is exactly what they are singing of, that in that day we will drink of the marriage wine for real! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment