Chastening

The Lord is so faithful to bring us to a place of complete dependence on Him. He will do all that it takes to rid us of the props that hold us up, so that we only rely on Him. Through a strange series of events, this is the place I am in right now. While it is difficult at different times, the strangest part is that I actually want to receive this from the Lord. The reality is that this is His goodness towards me. He would rather be merciful on me and show me my weaknesses than let me continue in my arrogance.

The Lords is showing me a dimension of humility in a real way. Often we think of humility as servanthood etc, which is a huge element of humility, but another dynamic (which I am learning) is that I am not in control of my life. Sure, we can do practical things such as serve to be humble, but when God actually shows us Himself we are forced to a place of submission to His majesty. This is humility. I'm realizing again that I still cannot do anything. No matter how often I try and control my life, I will fail. It's starting to become humorous to me when I look in hindsight, because for some reason I still make plans for my life even though I know that the Lord always comes and changes them.

The most important thing in a season like this is endurance. When the Lord takes us through the fire we must be willing to receive it in humility. If this is something you can relate to I would encourage you to listen to Misty Edwards' teaching from the Prayer and Prophetic conference this past weekend at IHOP-KC. She gives and exhortation based out of Hebrews suggesting that we have to have an eternal perspective in order to persevere, because it makes our problems in this life much smaller. Click Here and look for her teaching in the Video on Demand Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment