Jesus

Yesterday I was in an interesting funk for a little bit and I wasn't sure what it was. So I got my bible and just went to pray a little. I was hoping to read a little bit, but then I realized that wasn't going to help much. So instead I began to meditate in Isaiah 53. Wow. It so fantastic. As I began to stare at this beautiful passage the Lord brought me back to the realization that everything is about His Son Jesus. Everything we do must come back to Him and if not then it is a waste. I just was so amazed it how overcome I was when I began to meditate on the person and character of Jesus. It such a beautiful thing that the Lord did for me.

Corey Russell is a teacher at the international House of Prayer in Kansas City, and I remember him saying one time that we need to get free from reading the bible in a year. The point behind what he is saying is that we really need to start to go deep in who Jesus actually is. I realized that I know so much about God and the bible but the real question is whether or not I actually know Him, instead of just about Him. So I would encourage you to grab a passage you like (a verse or 2) and just sit on it and ask th Lord about it for a few days, weeks, months, or even years and see what you get. I mean that is pretty much all we're going to be doing for eternity, Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment