Patience

This morning I was praying through Colossians 1:11 which says,

"That you may be strengthened will all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience."

And also 2 Thessolonians 3:5,

"May the Lord direct your hearts into the patience of Christ..."

Each of these verses should have profound impact on us. I realize sometimes that I get really excited about certain things and don't want to wait very long for them. In these times we must look to Jesus. We really need to see how patient He has actually been. He died on a cross 2,000 years ago for His bride who is still ugly and divided. We as the church often fight with each other and don't love each other, but Jesus is still waiting in all His glory for a bride who is pure and spotless. When this happens, then He will return.

As I begin to meditate on the patience of Christ it gives my soul great rest to realize that He has been waiting much longer than I have for anything. He wants to give us some of His strength as seen in the Colossians passage. He who has an abundance of might wants to strengthen us with might.

As you are anxious I encourage you to pray through these passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment